Keeping your computer screen clean is a good habit. Hi guys, in this cleaning tutorial I will show you how to clean a computer screen in 2 different ways.
Over time, your computer screen collects dust and debris. to not mention, passing germs from sneezing and coughing. While oily fingerprints are bad enough, the attention strain from the messy screen is even worse.
Cleaning your computer screen is additionally a touch more involved than easy wiping with Clorox wipes, and there are certain products you shouldn’t use. during this article, we’re getting to mention the proper way to clean your computer screen.
How to Clean a Computer Screen
Cleaning your computer screen is so simple but a little bit trickier. If you know the proper method of cleaning a computer screen then you can be done your job easily.
As before I mentioned we are going to clean our computer screen in 2 different steps. At first, we are going to clean our computer screen using a microfiber cloth, and then we are going to clean using a cleaning solution.
Method 1: Clean computer screen with a Microfiber Cloth
In this method, we are going to clean our computer screen using a microfiber cloth. To do your job simply follow the simple steps:
- Turn the pc off and unplug the facility adapter and battery. Cleaning a screen that’s in use may result in permanent damage, so get on the safe side of things and switch everything off. Don’t just put it to sleep.
- Get a microfiber cloth. this is often made with a kind of cloth that does not produce lint, additionally to being very soft. If you employ a washcloth, a T-shirt, or another sort of cloth, it could leave extra debris on your screen or scratch it.
- Avoid using paper products also. Never use a napkin, towel, toilet tissue, or another paper product, since these are scratchy and can damage the screen.
- A microfiber cloth is handy for cleaning all kinds of screens and lenses.
- Wipe the screen gently with the material. Using one sweep of the material should look out for any dust and loose particles on the screen. Wipe lightly without exerting much pressure, since if you press too strong you’ll damage the screen.
- When you wipe with a mild circular motion, you will be ready to lift a number of the tougher spots.
- Never scrub the screen, otherwise, you could cause pixel burnout.
Method 2: Clean the computer screen using a Cleaning solution
This method is a little bit time lengthy but, it can be good practice for cleaning your computer screen. To clean your computer screen using a cleaning solution just follow those steps:
- Turn the pc off and unplug the facility adapter and battery. Since you’re employing a liquid to wash the screen during this method, it is vital to show off the pc and unplug it from the outlet.
- Create a mild cleaning solution. the perfect solution is obvious water, which contains no chemicals and is gentle on the screen. If heavier cleaning is required, a 50/50 mixture of white vinegar and water also can be effective.
- Make sure you employ plain white vinegar, not apple vinegar or the other kind.
- Distilled water is best than water because it’s chemical-free.
- Manufacturers do not recommend using any cleaners with alcohol, ammonia, or any strong solvents on LCD screens.
- Put the solution in a small atomizer bottle. this is often the sort of spray bottle that you simply push from the highest to urge a fine mist, almost like a perfume bottle. Pour a number of the solution into the spray bottle and screw on the highest.
- Apply a minimal amount of the solution to a microfiber cloth. A static-free, fiber-free cloth works best. Remember to not use regular cloth, since this might scratch the screen. don’t soak the cloth; you only want to urge it moist, which is that the purpose of using the atomizer bottle to wet it.
- A wet cloth can drip or run when cleaning the screen and therefore the solution can weep behind the bezel and permanently damage your screen.
- Try applying the solution to only one corner of the material at a time, to form sure you do not catch on too wet.
- Wipe the material against the screen during a circular motion. Rapid circular movements generally eliminate streaks. Apply mild and even pressure on the material. Use merely enough pressure to stay the material in touch with the screen. lookout to not press your fingers into the material or screen, since applying an excessive amount of force when cleaning the screen can permanently damage the LCD matrix and render your screen unusable.
- Hold the screen toward the very top or very bottom to avoid re-smudging it as you’re employed.
- You may get to skip the screen multiple times before all the smudges are removed. you’ll also get to re-dampen the material as you’re employed, counting on what percentage passes over the screen you would like to form.
What to do and What to do When Cleaning a Computer Screen
If you take a little survey on the computer screen user guideline you will find what we have to do or not do.
What Not to do When Cleaning a Computer Screen:
- Don’t use aerosol sprays, solvents, or abrasives. (These means don’t reach for the Windex under the sink, as tempting because it could also be .)
- Don’t use anything aside from warm water.
- Don’t use any liquid in the least.
- Don’t spray a liquid directly on the screen.
- Don’t use hard cloth.
- Don’t use your fingernail or a pointy object to get rid of stubborn stains.
What to do When Cleaning a Computer Screen:
- Use a dry, soft, lint-free cloth, preferably the micro-fiber cleaning cloth which will have to accompany your TV or monitor.
- Use an answer of mild soap and water, if needed.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are some frequently asked questions that cal help you to better understand how to clean a computer screen.
How do you safely clean a computer screen?
To safely clean a computer screen, use a lint-free soft cloth or you can use a micro-fiber cleaning cloth. Also, you can use a solution of mild soap and water. But, do not use a dash of pepper to clean your computer screen.
What household product can I use to clean my computer screen?
Soft fiber cloth can be used to clean your computer screen. Also, you can use vinegar or mild soap solution as a cleaning solution with distilled water.
Can you use Windex on the computer screen?
If you have a glass laptop screen, Using Windex as a cleaner is safe. a touch of Windex sprayed onto your microfiber cloth will definitely get the work done. But remember, never spray the Windex directly on your laptop screen.
Can I use alcohol to clean my computer screen?
First of all, avoid corrosive substances! meaning no alcohol- or ammonia-based cleaners (like diluted lotion or Windex). These cleaners can damage your screen by stripping anti-reflective coatings, cause clouding, or worse. take care of what you employ to wipe the screen.
Can I use an eyeglass cleaner to clean my computer screen?
The anti-reflective coating on a screen is analogous thereto on anti-reflective eyeglasses and camera lenses. you’ll safely use the cleaner on all three, with a clean microfiber cloth. Just be gentle (don’t push!) and do not clean if you do not get to.
Can I use vinegar to clean my laptop screen?
In an empty spray bottle, mix an answer of equal parts water and white vinegar. Spray the answer onto a microfiber cloth (or an old cotton t-shirt). don’t use any kind of towel, toilet tissue, or tissue to wash your screen as these products can scratch your monitor.
What is the best computer screen cleaner?
Microfiber cloth can be the best cleaning material. also, you can use vinegar or a mild solution of the dish cleaner as the best computer screen cleaner.
So, this is the complete guide on How to Clean a Computer Screen. If you face any problem cleaning your computer screen. Let us know in the comment section.
Like this article? Share this…