Hello Readers, As a technology user, we have to face many frustrating situations. But the most frustrating is when the headphone is not working(According to me) and I think this can be right for many of you. In this article, I will guide you about how to fix headphones not working in Windows 10.
The problem behind headphone not working in Windows 10
After upgrading to Windows 10 or performing a Windows Update, you might be able to hear any sound through your headphones.
Either the problem lies with the wrong sound configuration, damaged cable, headphone jack could be damaged, Bluetooth connectivity issues, etc.
These are just a couple of issues that will cause the headphone not to work, but the cause can vary as different users have different system configurations and setups. So I have explained it in many Fix numbers.
How to Fix Headphone not working in Windows 10
Before we’re moving to the advanced fixes, first, you ought to check if the headphones that you’re trying to attach to the PC work on another device. Simply connect headphones to your phone or your friend’s PC and check if they’re working but not your PC then you have to move on to advanced Fixes. But if they’re not working then it’s time to shop for a replacement headphone. So let’s talk about Advanced fixes:
Fix by checking audio jack
Checking the audio jack is one of the simple and best ways to fix headphones not working in Windows 10. On the rear part of your laptop or desktop and search for the audio output port.
The port is often labeled with a headphone or speaker icon. Then confirm that the headphone is plugged in. you would possibly also want to unplug and plug the headphones back in since it’s possible the plug wasn’t pushed altogether the way.
If the problem is in the Audio jack, it will be solved. And You’ll feel it click when the plug is fully inserted.
Fix by Plug headphone in and restart your computer
This fix method is as simple as water. It did help many people out. Only two steps are required to do:
- The first one is to plug your headphone into the computer.
- The second one is ”Restart” your computer and check to see if your headphone works.
If your headphone doesn’t get back on track, try the next fix method cause sometimes this fixing method didn’t work well.
Fix by enabling your playback device
- To confirm that your headphone is connected to your PC.
- Right-click to the speaker icon within the notification area of your taskbar. Then click ”Sounds”.
- On the ”Playback’‘ tab if you can’t see your headphone listed, right-click a blank area and choose ”Show Disabled Devices’‘. Then your device should show up.
- When the disabled devices will be shown, right-click on your Headphones and select “Set as Default Device“.
- Now press ”ok” for saving the changes you made.
Fix headphone not working in Windows 10 using Windows 10 Troubleshooter
Windows troubleshooter is a great tool to find out and troubleshoot any problem in your Windows device. Just like other problems you can Troubleshoot this problem also. Try Windows 10 Troubleshooter. To run the troubleshooter, follow these steps:
- From the desktop, right-click the speaker/sound mixer icon, then select Troubleshoot sound problems.
- If you’ve got to pick which device you would like to troubleshoot, choose your headphones and choose Next.
- If asked, select No, don’t open Audio Enhancements.
this is the complete guide on how to fix headphones not working in Windows 10. hope this guide will help you to solve your problem. However, if you face any problems feel free to ask me in the comment section.
If you find this article helpful, share it with your friends 🙂