In the previous article, I had shown the hidden folder using the command prompt step by step. In this article, I will show you how you can access/recover Windows 10 show hidden files and folders.
Windows 10 is one of the most popular operating systems around the technology world developed by Microsoft Corporation. It has many features of its own. one of those is hidden files.
Today I will discuss hows to show hidden files and folders in Windows 10. If you are reading this tutorial then I can sure you already know that your computer has many more files and folders than what you can normally access using File Explorer.
Many of those files and folders are generated and hidden by your operating system for giving you a rock-solid user experience. By default, Windows hide those file for security reason.
How to Windows 10 show hidden files and folders
As before we know by default windows makes some folders and hide that folder for security reason. If you are a tech fanatic or somehow you hide files or folder. Now you want to show those files and folders, you can follow those simple steps.
Show hidden files and folder using the File Explorer
File Explorer is one of the easiest ways to show hidden files on Windows 10 PC. Just simply follow those steps to show your hidden files and folders.
1. Open any folder on your PC and it will launch the file explorer. then click ”view” at the top of your PC screen.
2. If you have done that, look there comes a section that says show/hide. An option named hidden items is there. Which will be deselected by default and you have to select it to enable it.
3. Once it will be enabled, you’ll be ready to see the hidden files available on your computer.
If you need to modify more file viewing options, you can click Options.
Show hidden files and folder using the Control Panel
If you are want to use the control panel for Windows 10 show hidden files. Then I have to say it will be a traditional and quite old method.
1. To open Control Panel click Start, and type Control Panel, and click on the Control Panel to open it.
2. Next, you have to click Appearance and Personalization and click on File Explorer Options.
3. Then you’ll click the View tab in the File Explorer Options window.
4. Find Show hidden files, folders, and drives option under Advanced settings, check this feature, and click on Apply and OK to show hidden files and folders in Windows.
If you want to get access the hidden OS files, you’ll uncheck the Hide protected OS files (Recommended) option.
Windows 10 Show Hidden Files with Registry Editor
Another best way to show the hidden files and folder in Windows 10 Windows Registry Editor. This method is a little bit complicated.
1. You can press Windows + R, type Regedit, and hit Enter to open windows Windows Registry Editor.
2. Next Navigate as follows to find the target registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced, and click the Advanced key.
3. After doing that you can find the Hidden REG_DWORD in the right window, double-click it, Now set its data value as 1 to show hidden files, and folders in Windows 10.
To show protected operating system files in Windows 10 find the ShowSuperHidden REG_DWORD, double click it, and change its data value to 1.
Windows 10 Show Hidden Files with Folder Option
There is another easy way for Windows 10 to show hidden files and folders. To show hidden files and folders just follow the steps:
1. Open File Explorer and expand its menu bar, and click on View -> Options.
2. Then you can click the View tab in the Folder Options window.
3. Now navigate to the Show hidden files, folders, and drives option under Advanced settings.
4. Tick this option then click Apply and OK.
Windows 10 Show Hidden Files with Command Prompt (CMD)
Last but not least, Show a hidden file using a command prompt is a smart but complicated method. follow this exact method that I have shown.
1. Press Start and type cmd for Windows Command Prompt.
2. Right-click on Result (Command prompt) and open as administrator.
3. Now type this command “attrib -h -r -s /s /d E:\*.*” and hit Enter.
This command will unhide all files and folders inside E drive.
You Have to change the E drive letter with the exact drive letter that you want to unhide. Read this article hide folder using the command prompt for better understand.
These 5 complete guides you can use for Windows 10 show hidden files. If you are using Windows 7 or Windows 8 those methods are still working. Leave a comment if you have any queries suggestions or questions.
Share the knowledge with your friends…