Many of us thinking about wiping our iPhone or iPad Personal Data Because they want to sell their iPhone or iPad or give it away. If you also in this condition then it’s natural that you are not interested in handing your personal information to a stranger.
So in this article, we will make you know about How to Wipe an iPhone or iPad Personal Data. It only takes a couple of steps and a couple of minutes, and it makes sure you’re data is protected.
Back up your iPhone or iPad before you wipe it
Before you are doing anything, confirm you’ve got an up-to-date backup of your iPhone. iCloud is an app that automatically creates a backup overnight, as long as you’re plugged in and on Wi-Fi. But a manual backup will confirm you’re absolutely up so far.
This way, you continue to keep your data somewhere before you erase your iPhone or iPad. For this, you have to do these steps:
- At first, make sure your iPhone or iPad is connected to Wi-Fi. (If you’re low on power, plug-in the device also .)
- Then launch Settings from the Home screen.
- Tap on the Apple ID banner at the highest.
- Here tap iCloud.
- After you tap iCloud then scroll down and tap iCloud Backup.
- Tap the switch to show it on.
- Choose Back Up Now.
Other Things to do Before you Wipe
- If you’ve got an apple watch, unpair it from your device. Click here to seek out how.
- Sign out and switch off services like:
- Switch off the iMessage: Go to Settings> Messages> Switch off the iMessage option.
- Remove you Wallet & Apple Pay: Settings> Wallet & Apple Pay> Click on your Card> Remove Card.
- Enable Find my Phone feature: Settings> Your Name> Find My> Find My iPhone> Slide the toggle next to Find My iPhone and Enable Offline Findings.
- Sign out from your Apple ID: Go to Settings> Your Name> Scroll Down and tap ‘Sign Out’> You will be prompted to enter your password.
- Sign out of apps that store your login details, like Facebook and Gmail, and confirm they don’t retain these details.
- Sign out of iTunes, the App Store, and iCloud also like other stores and accounts;
- Delete any saved passwords from your browsers.
- Remove the serial number of your device from your Apple account profile.
Go to appleid.apple.com, log in to your account, and scroll right down to ‘Devices’. Here you’ll see all the devices linked to your Apple ID. Click on the device you would like to sell and click on ‘Remove.’
- Remove your SIM card.
How to Wipe an iPhone or iPad Personal Data
After you make sure that you have done the things that we told you above. Now you can wipe your iPhone or iPad safely without any problem. There are many ways to Wipe an iPhone or iPad Personal Data. So let’s get started:
Wipe an iPhone or iPad Personal Data with the Settings app
This is a quick and easy method to do. This method will help you to Wipe an iPhone or iPad Personal Data. So the methods step is:
Step-1: Launch the Settings app from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
Step-3: Now tap on General.
Step-3: Scroll to rock bottom and tap Reset.
Step-4: Choose Erase All Content and Settings.
Step-5: Tap on Erase Now.
Step-6: Enter your Passcode.
Step-7: Enter your Apple ID password to show off Activate Lock and take away the device from Find my iPhone.
Once the wiping process is complete, you’ll found out as a replacement device, restore from a special backup, or give or sell your device to somebody else without worries.
Wipe an iPhone or iPad Personal Data Without an Apple ID password
If you forgot your Apple ID password, you’ll reset it by getting to your account page, click on Forgot Apple ID or password? and following the specified steps. If you can’t retrieve the password, you can still wipe your phone:
1.First Connect your iPhone to a computer and open iTunes.
2. Then click on the button with the tiny phone icon.
3. Now attend Summary and click on Restore iPhone.
Be aware that erasing your iPhone this method doesn’t delete all of your data and settings completely. The deleted information can’t be accessed via the iOS interface, but it stays on your device and will be accessed by an experienced technician or hacker.
To erase your data completely, you’ve got to overwrite it by employing a third-party app. Just confirm you employ a reliable program that respects your privacy.
Friends this was a complete guide on How to Wipe an iPhone or iPad Personal Data. Hope this guide will help you to Wipe an iPhone or iPad Personal Data.
If you face any problem during yo follow these methods then please don’t feel uncomfortable to inform us. You can inform us in the comment section. We will try our level best to answer your questions.
Do you like this guide? If you do then share it with your friends and let them know about it… 🙂