Hello Guys, Hope you all are well. In the age of technology, many devices are featured with touchscreen displays. In this article, I will show you how to turn off the touch screen windows 10.
Likely a lot of laptops accompany a touch screen display with Windows 10. This provides the simplest of both worlds as you’ll use both the touch screen like during a tablet and a keyboard/mouse on a laptop.
But you do not need the touch functionality or you are finding this so distracting, then you can quickly turn off it with some steps on Windows 10. So friends let’s get started:
How to Turn Off Touch Screen Windows 10
There you have many ways to turn off touch screen windows 10. But in this article, I will show you the best, effective, and obviously, the easiest way to turn off touch screen windows 10. These ways are:
Turn Off Touch Screen Windows 10 by Device Manager
- Click the Start Menu of your laptop.
- Go to its search bar and search Device Manager.
- Then open the device manager and click Human Interface Devices for expanding that section.
- Now right click on the HID-Compliant Touch Screen.
- After you do that it will bring you some option but you have to choose Disable device.
- When a pop-up window will appear by alerting you that disabling the touch screen will prohibit it from working.
- Then it will be asking you to verify your choice and click Yes Your touch screen will then be disabled.
Turn Off touch screen in Windows 10 using Windows Registry
With the afford mention you can turn off the touch screen in Windows 10 but in this method, your touch screen in Windows 10 will permanently disable. If you interested in this then follow these steps :
WARNING: Registry Editor is a powerful tool, and misusing it could render your system unstable, or maybe inoperable. If you’ve never worked with the Registry Editor before, give this a read before you start. You have to definitely copy the registry and your computer before you create any changesin your devices .
- Press windows+R to open Windows Registry Editor.
- Go to the following registry path: “Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Wisp\Touch“
- Now you have to create a new DWORD 32-bit entry with the name TouchGate which is in the right- hand pane
- Make sure the value of this entry is 0.
- Now Restart the system.
The touch screen will pack up after restart. If you would like to enable the touch screen again, change the TouchGate value from 0 to 1, or just delete the TouchGate entry.
So, Guys, this is the complete guide about how to turn off touch screen windows 10. If you follow this article then your journey to turning off the touch screen Windows 10 will be fulfilled.
If you find this article then it will be so pleasant to us. While you are practicing the afford mentions and face some problem or you have any questions about this article then please don’t feel hesitant to inform us in the comment section below.
Do you like this article? Then share it with your friends… 🙂