Pop-ups adds are the best way to get engaged with the audience. But it can give you a bad user experience. In this article, we are going to block Pop-Up in chrome across Desktop, IOS, and Android.
Google chrome is one of the most popular web browsers around the world. Google Chrome offers a built-in pop-ups blocker. By default, google chrome blocks pop-ups from showing on your home screen. before reading our editorial’s please read The 7 best Android Cleaner Apps
But when you visit websites or apps, those websites or ask you for posh notification. When you allow this, those websites and apps start notification using pop-ups.
Block pop in Chrome
As w know some time block pop-ups are spam with you, in this situation you have to block pop-up in chrome. We are going to block pop-up in chrome across Desktop, IOS, and Android.
Those steps are not 100% full proof, but I will try to guide you according to the google support community.
Block Pop-Up in Chrome Desktop (Linux, Mac, and Windows )
Blocking pop-ups in Chrome on Linux, Mac, and windows are the same. you can simply follow this step to block popup on your Desktop.
1. From your Computer open Google Chrome browser.
2. At the top right, click More ( three-dot icon ).
3. Now go to the Settings.
Note: you will find Privacy and security under the Advance options.
4. From “Privacy and security” click on Site settings.
5. When site settings will appear Click on Pop-ups and redirects.
6. At the top, turn the setting to Blocked Pop-up.
Block Pop-Up on Chrome for a specific site
You can also block pop-ups for a specific website. this method will help you to block only spam pop-ups.
- Open Chrome browser from your desktop.
- At the top right, click More (three-dot icon).
- Click on Settings.
- Under “Privacy and security” click Site settings.
- Click Pop-ups and redirects option.
- Under “Allow,” look for the site you want to block.
- To the right of the site, click More (three-dot icon) and block it.
whenever the site isn’t listed you can block any sit. To block unwanted sites next to “Block,” click Add. Enter the site’s address, (you want to block) and then click Add.
To capture all pop-ups across the site, just use the pattern
Block pop-up on Chrome in IOS device
Blocking pop-up on iPhone or iPad is a little bit different from Desktop and Android. for properly block popup on iPhone or iPad follow the instructions step by step.
- Open the Google Chrome browser from your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap More (three-dot icon) and navigate to settings.
- Tap Content Settings.
- From the Content Settings screen tap on block Pop-ups.
- Now turn on Block Pop-ups.
Fix issues with pop-ups
If you are on the page and a pop-up window appeared and you can not close it. It makes an embarrassing situation. for closing those pop-ups you can simply try following those steps.
- Turn on your phone’s airplane mode.
- Quit Google Chrome browser.
- Now close the tab which has a bad pop-up.
Block pop-up on Chrome in Android
Android is one of the most popular operating systems around the world. blocking pop-up in android is not rocket science.
As I show you how can you block pop up in computer and ios. blocking pop-ups in Android also the same. just follow those steps.
- From your android launcher open Chrome App.
- To the right of the address bar, tap the three-dot icon.
- Now navigate to settings.
- Tap site settings tap pop-ups and redirects.
- From pop-up and redirects options turn of popups.
In this complete guide, I am trying to show you How to block Pop-Up in Chrome step by step. If you fetch any problem please comment below I will try to solve it.
Thanks for reading! If you like this article keep sharing with your friends.