Instagram is one of the best social media platforms in the world. It was launched in 2010 by Facebook and created by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger.
You can log in the Instagram by using your Facebook details and if you don’t have Facebook you can simply use your email address or phone number to sign up first time on Instagram.
We all know that if we want to secure our tech life then changing passwords is the best way to keep. For that, we have to know the method of change passwords.
In this article, we will show you How to Change password on Instagram.
How to Change password on Instagram
There are many ways that you can follow to change your Instagram password. You can apply those methods on an Android, iPhone, iPad, or the web at Instagram.com. So let’s check out the methods:
Change password on Instagram Using an Android
With this method, you can change your Instagram password by simply using an android phone. Here are the steps of the method:
Step-1: At first open Instagram on your phone or tablet.
Step-2: Then tap on the profile icon at the bottom.
Step-3: Tap on the menu located at the top-right.
Step-4: Now navigate to Settings.
Step-5: Then navigate to Privacy and Security.
Step-6: Choose “password” to create a new one.
If you don’t know your existing password you can tap reset it with Facebook (if you are able to see it) or Forgot Password? to continue with this method.
Step-7: Tap on “Get help signing in” located below the sign-in fields. But for this, you may have to log in first.
Step-8: Here you have to enter your username, phone number, or email address.
Step-9: Tap the blue Next button. If you do that one of the following will happen:
- If you have entered an email address, a confirmation link will now be going to be sent thereto address.
- If you have entered a phone number, a confirmation link or code is going to be sent thereto number via SMS text message.
- If you have entered a username, you will be given the choice to pick a way to receive your confirmation code. The methods vary counting on how you signed up for your account. Tap Send an SMS to receive it via phone or send an email to receive it via email.
Step-10: Now you have to tap OK to confirm, you can find it at the bottom of the pop-up window.
If you don’t get the message on Instagram and waiting for few moments, then you have to check your Spam, Social, or Updates folder.
- For Link: Tap on the Password reset link and you will be able to go on a page where you can type a new password for your account.
- For Code: If you have found a code on the message, then enter it into the bank on Instagram and tap Next to verify it.
Step-12: And at the last enter our new password two times and tap Reset Password located at the bottom of the page.
Change your Instagram password using the desktop website
When you are on a desktop and want to change the password on your Instagram then you have to do some steps. The method is so easy to do and here are the steps:
Step-1: Open the web browser on your desktop and go to the Instagram website.
Step-2: On the top-right of the window click on the account icon to go to your profile page.
Step-3: Then click on the gear icon to the right of the “Edit Profile” link.
Step-4: Now a pop-up window will come and you have to click on “Change Password”.
Step-5: Here enter your current password and then type the new password that you want and when you are done you have to tap “Change Password”.
Change your Instagram password iPhone or iPad
If you have an iPhone or iPad and want to use your IOS device to change your Instagram password then you have to follow a little bit different way to complete your task.
To change your Instagram password using iPhone or iPad follow the steps below:
- Open Instagram from your iPhone or iPad app launcher.
- Log in to it if you don’t.
- Tap the profile icon from the bottom right.
- Now select Setting and navigate to “Security => Password”.
- Enter your password twice and tap Reset Password.
So guys this is the complete guide on how to change the Instagram password on any device. Using a strong password and changing it periodically can protect your Instagram account from the wrong person.
If you found this article share this with your friends…